[SR-Users] Losing MySQL connections

Duarte Rocha duarterocha91 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 17:51:11 CET 2020

Greetings all,

I'm having some dropped MySQL connections in my Kamailio in times of low or
no activity in the proxy.

These are the errors i'm getting :

    db_mysql [km_dbase.c:123]: db_mysql_submit_query(): driver error on
query: Lost connection to MySQL server during query (2013)
    <core> [db_query.c:348]: db_do_update(): error while submitting query
    usrloc [ucontact.c:1147]: db_update_ucontact_ruid(): updating database
failed
    usrloc [ucontact.c:1663]: update_contact_db(): failed to update database
    registrar [save.c:784]: update_contacts(): failed to update contact
    sl [sl_funcs.c:414]: sl_reply_error(): stateless error reply used: I'm
terribly sorry, server error occurred (1/SL)

In order to try to fix this i've added timeout_interval and ping_interval
from the db_mysql module. Is this the best approach?

I've restarted my Kamailio but i don't see any ping going to my BD. Is
there any other config that I need to add so that the pings are sent?

Is it possible to do a ping to verify connection and reconnect mannualy on
the config file?

Best Regards,