[SR-Users] Dispatcher algorithm 11 possible priority drifting

Володимир Іванець volodyaivanets at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 11:17:23 CET 2020

Hello all!

We are running Kamailio version 5.3.3 with 16 small Asterisk servers.
Kamailio uses a dispatcher module to distribute calls. Algorithm #11 is
selected. All destinations are configured with priority set to 50 and
attribute to rweight=50.

We noticed that one server constantly receives more calls than others. I
run a few tests. I was sending 1000 calls to the system. 4 per second. All
servers except one were getting around 60 calls while the last one - around
100.

I then noticed that the server which receives most calls is always last in
the "kamcmd dispatcher.list" command output. I then changed the order in
the dispatcher DB table and repeat the test. The other server that now was
last was getting the most calls.

Does anyone else use algorithm #11 and finds the same thing? Is there
something additional that I can provide to help with the investigation?

Thanks!