[SR-Users] question regarding rtpengine and ICE candidate selection

Andrew Chen achen at fuze.com
Fri Dec 4 19:36:00 CET 2020

Hmm..that's interesting.  You would guess that the rtpengine binary process
shouldn't start connecting ICE candidates once the SIP part is fully
negotiated, which should trigger the rtpengine module on the Kamailio to
tell rtpengine binary.."ok..you can start associating now..."

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 1:30 PM Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:

> On 04/12/2020 13.10, Andrew Chen wrote:
> > So from a SIP point of view, the 200 OK should of sent the final
> > negotiation of SDP once the client ACK's it right?
>
> The requirement to send an updated offer once ICE has completed with the
> final negotiated candidates existed in the original ICE RFC, but I
> believe it has been removed in the newer ICE RFC (I'm not 100% sure
> about that though). For rtpengine that requirement certainly doesn't
> exist and it's happy to negotiate and conclude ICE without a final
> updated offer. Also rtpengine itself cannot trigger such an updated
> offer since it's not directly in the SIP path, so that would have to be
> left up to the clients. So in short, a single offer/answer exchange is
> enough to get ICE started and it can complete negotiation out of band
> without further signalling.
>
> Cheers

Andy Chen
Sr. Telephony Lead Engineer
415 516 5535 (M)
achen@ <achen at thinkingphones.com>fuze.com

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you