[SR-Users] question regarding rtpengine and ICE candidate selection

Andrew Chen achen at fuze.com
Fri Dec 4 19:10:13 CET 2020

So from a SIP point of view, the 200 OK should of sent the final
negotiation of SDP once the client ACK's it right?

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 11:49 AM Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:

> On 04/12/2020 11.39, Andrew Chen wrote:
> > oh...that's the IPv6 address of the STUN server, not the ipv6 of the
> > rtpengine instance.
>
> Ok. From rtpengine's point of view, this is one of the client's IP
> addresses. The ICE candidate in the SDP is the client telling rtpengine:
> This is one of my own addresses (`typ host`) and I can receive media
> here. It is also listed (by the client who has sent the SDP) as the
> highest priority candidate, and this is why it's (presumably) negotiated
> as the candidate to use. This is why rtpengine is sending media there.
>
> Cheers

Andy Chen
Sr. Telephony Lead Engineer
415 516 5535 (M)
achen@ <achen at thinkingphones.com>fuze.com

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you