[SR-Users] question regarding rtpengine and ICE candidate selection

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Dec 4 17:48:54 CET 2020

On 04/12/2020 11.39, Andrew Chen wrote:
> oh...that's the IPv6 address of the STUN server, not the ipv6 of the
> rtpengine instance.

Ok. From rtpengine's point of view, this is one of the client's IP
addresses. The ICE candidate in the SDP is the client telling rtpengine:
This is one of my own addresses (`typ host`) and I can receive media
here. It is also listed (by the client who has sent the SDP) as the
highest priority candidate, and this is why it's (presumably) negotiated
as the candidate to use. This is why rtpengine is sending media there.

Cheers