[SR-Users] CockroachDB and Kamailio

Noah Mehl noahmehl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 22:42:51 CEST 2020

Henning,

So, for the default config, it only has the option for: WITH_MYSQL.  I was wondering if a WITH_PGSQL would be accepted.

As for the kamdbctl scripts, there are a few things I’ve noticed:

I would prefer UUID vs SERIAL.  This actually is a little more annoying when dealing with the SEQUENCE entity in Postgres.  The only change required, is to load the pgcrypto extension and switch to uuid instead of SERIAL.  I have a tracking branch here:

https://github.com/reperio/kamailio/tree/postgres_uuid <https://github.com/reperio/kamailio/tree/postgres_uuid>

The other reason is that for cockroachdb, using gen_random_uuid() is documented to be more efficient <https://www.cockroachlabs.com/docs/stable/create-sequence.html> (in addition to being a preference).

As for cockroachdb, I have a tracking branch (based on the uuid branch) that seems to be working well:

https://github.com/reperio/kamailio/tree/cockroach <https://github.com/reperio/kamailio/tree/cockroach>

So far, the only issue in the creation/managment of the schema is: CREATE FUNCTION.  But it looks like maybe concat() and random() are already supported by cockroackdb: https://www.cockroachlabs.com/docs/stable/functions-and-operators.html <https://www.cockroachlabs.com/docs/stable/functions-and-operators.html>.  I will have to dig deeper into the lcr module to see where/if this is an issue.

Thanks!

~Noah