[SR-Users] LCR and fallback

Edward Romanenco edward at telemessage.com
Sun Apr 19 14:25:04 CEST 2020

Hi!

I would like to implement LCR and fallback capabilities for my Kamailio installation. I'm currently using the dispatcher module with a simple configuration file.
As I understood, there are multiple modules (carrier route, dynamic routing) that can be used to achieve that, what I'm aiming for is -

  *   Country-based (or prefix-based) routing with up to 4 different carriers (could be expanded in the future, but I won't have more than a dozen), while also maintaining a fallback route if the 1st priority is not available.
  *   Each of my carriers have his own requirements for headers and formatting, for instance, for one of our carriers, having a '+' prefix before dialing to a non-US number is mandatory, while on the others - it is not, or another example - one of my carriers doesn't allow having a P-Asserted-Identity header in my invite, while others do. I would love to have the option to manipulate headers based on the route that I have chosen, both on the default and fallback routes.
  *   It would be nice to receive SMTP or SNMP alerts if a fallback does occur.
  *   Easy management, having the ability to load and reload the routing table on a monthly basis, once the pricing list is changed.

What would be your suggestion?

Edward