[SR-Users] Lifetime of Invite with no Ack

Duarte Rocha duarterocha91 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:28:19 CEST 2020

Thanks for the reply.

Here is my scenario :

Client________Kamailio______Destination_1____Destination_2
  |_____INV_______|_______________|_______________|
  |---------------------->|______INV______|_______________|
  |_______________|---------------------->|_______________|
  |_______________|_______________|_______________|
  |_______________|____200_OK_____|_______________|
  |_______________|<-----------------------|_______________|
  |____200_OK_____|_______________|_______________|
  |<-----------------------|_______________|_______________|

  |_______________|_______________|_______________|
  |___INV(Retr)____|_______________|_______________|
  |---------------------->|______INV______|_______________|

  |_______________|------------------------------------------------>|

  |_______________|_______________|_______________|

As you can see, the client never sends the ACK to Kamailio and retransmits
the first INVITE (No To-TAG) again after more than 5s. After this Kamailio
uses Dispatcher to send to a destination from a group and chooses
Destination_2.

Since the INVITE is sent to Destination_2, my system treats this as a
second call being created.

Should this scenario happen under the SIP stack rules? Shouldn't Kamailio
send a "491 - Request Pending" on this scenario?

If not, how i can configure Kamailio to behave like that? In my code i have
the following conditions for a Request to able to be sent by DISPATCHER :

                - if( is_method("INVITE") && !has_totag() )

                - if(!t_check_trans())

                What other conditions can i setup in order for this INVITE
to be treated like a retransmission or being rejected?

Best Regards,

A segunda, 13/04/2020, 13:31, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>