[SR-Users] Using static entries with usrloc

George Diamantopoulos georgediam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:37:20 CEST 2019

Hello,

Normally I wouldn't be asking this but I was surprised to find no reference
to anyone doing this online. I need to have a few AoRs with static entries
in kami's location table, which will always be reachable at their contacts
without ever having to register with Kamailio.

Am I right in thinking that merely INSERTing respective rows in kamailio's
location DB backend will do the trick? Is there anything I need to worry
about, like contacts being periodically purged? If yes, how do I prevent
that from happening? And will kamailio always query the DB when performing
location lookup or do I need to restart upon inserting new records (to
purge caches, for example)?

Lastly, I'm not sure how to treat some fields present in usrloc tables like
ruid, expires (can I set this to NULL?), callid and cseq (which is
irrelevant since there's no REGISTER), flags, cflags and methods.

Thanks,
George