[SR-Users] NAT problem

Arnout Van Den Kieboom arnoutvdkieboom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 09:44:05 CEST 2019

Hi,

First of all, I'm really new to Kamailio. So sorry if I ask a stupid
question, or perhaps a really weird one.

I started using kamailio in a test environment about a week ago.

for setup i have the situation for inbound calls: Carrier --> FW (NAT) -->
Kamailio
for outbound to an asterisk box i have: Kamailio --> FW (NAT) --> Asterisk
for outbound to users i have: Kamailio --> FW (NAT) --> sip-phone (yealink)
or grandstream

During that time i was able to :
Set up calls to users,
Use the dispatcher module
use the avpops module to do data lookups.
Get calls from asterisk to kamailio user to work.
Also calls between users (even though behind nat) are having good audio.

I have installed rtpproxy and it works nicely.

There is just one situation where it fails:

Carrier --> FW (NAT) Kamailio --> asterisk

There is only one way audio (from asterisk to carrier) but not from carrier
to asterisk.

I believe I need to do something with the rtp proxy module ... and tried
different things (forcing the r flag, forcing the w flag)
Any idea where I might need to start looking? It's been driving me crazy...

Thanks

Pemp