[SR-Users] uac_replace_from(uri) alters display name

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Sun Nov 10 18:08:56 CET 2019

Hello Sergui,

which version of Kamailio do you use? I did some enhancements in newer versions, also related to display names.

Cheers,

Henning

Am 10.11.19 um 17:19 schrieb Sergiu Pojoga:
Hi ppl,

Need to replace origination carrier's domain with my own, so I do:

branch_route[MANAGE_PSTN_IN_BRANCH] {
   uac_replace_from("sip:$fU at mydomain.net<mailto:fU at mydomain.net>");
}

The dialog-forming INVITE is relayed properly with ONLY the domain part being replaced.

However, subsequent messages such as ACK and BYE have the From DISPLAY NAME (_uac_fdp) stripped off.

Not that it affects real functionality in any known way (CLID is still good for callee), but curious if this is intentional or not, as uac_replace_from(uri) clearly states that: "Replace in FROM header the URI part without altering the display name"

# kamcmd dlg.list
        variables: {
                {
                        _uac_fdpnew: