[SR-Users] RTPEngine: rtpengine_manage(), Subsequent requests, Transcoding

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed May 29 13:09:11 CEST 2019

Carsten Bock writes:

> However, this does not seem to apply to the transcoding options. When I
> just call "rtpengine_manage()" for a Re-INVITE of a transcoded call (in my
> case AMR-WB to G722), the transcoding options are no longer applied. The
> forwarded offer does not get the transcoded codecs added (e.g. in my case
> G722 is not added to the list of AMR/AMR-WB from the phone).
>
> Did I misunderstand something or is it a bug?

I have never been able to use rtpengine_manage due to reasons I don't
anymore remember.  I think it had something to do with forking, where
each branch had to be handled differently (e.g. supported different rtp
protocols, etc.).  So, I always add to R-R header appropriate params for
in-dialog request handling.  In case of transcoding, the params tell
from and to codecs.

-- Juha