[SR-Users] RTPEngine: rtpengine_manage(), Subsequent requests, Transcoding

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Wed May 29 12:57:55 CEST 2019

Hi,

quick question:
If understood it correctly in the past (and it worked for me quite well
this way), I can simply call rtpengine_manage() for subsequent requests
without adding any additional information (e.g. used interfaces, RTP/SRTP
translation or anything like that), as this information is stored in the
internal hash table of the RTPEngine module during call setup and initial
offer/answer.

However, this does not seem to apply to the transcoding options. When I
just call "rtpengine_manage()" for a Re-INVITE of a transcoded call (in my
case AMR-WB to G722), the transcoding options are no longer applied. The
forwarded offer does not get the transcoded codecs added (e.g. in my case
G722 is not added to the list of AMR/AMR-WB from the phone).

Did I misunderstand something or is it a bug?

My RTPEngine is still on 7.2, but I will double check with more recent
versions today or tomorrow. However, I also found no commit messages
relating to this.

Thanks,
Carsten

--
Carsten Bock I Managing Director
ng-voice GmbH

Millerntorplatz 1 I 20359 Hamburg I Germany
www.ng-voice.com

Mobile +49 (0)179-20 21 244 I Direct +49 (0)40-52 47 593-40 I Fax +49
(0)40-52 47 593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock, Dr. David Bachmann
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/