[SR-Users] Push proxy and load balancer for asterisk?

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Wed May 29 12:10:22 CEST 2019

Hello,

We did that with kamailio. I’m not sure whether today there’s a module that
does the push from inside kamailio. In the past we would execute an
external script that would send the push to Apple/Google when someone was
trying call a user. I.e.: on invite and lookup failure, suspend that
transaction, send the push to have the client sip register, then un-suspend
that transaction.

Something like
https://medium.com/@denys.pozniak/apple-push-notification-with-kamailio-eeca2f8e08d

In theory that can be done from almost any softswitch, but kamailio are
better suited (IMO) for this. You would also gain lots of feature by using
them, like load-balance, failover, and many etcs.

Regards.

David

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 10:45, Gerrit Jacobsen <gjacobsen at x164.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I want to realise a push notification proxy to signal incoming calls from
> asterisk to softphones. Is Kamailio the preferred solution for this? I
> looked also at Flexisip and Asterisk scripts and was told by a seasoned
> professional that Kamailio is the preferable solution as its scalable. True?
>
> I would be glad if someone could share his experiences.
>
> Also can one Kamailio instance be used as an asterisk load balancer and
> also push notification proxy ?
>
> I have been a heavy openser user a long time ago. I used first openser as
> my core routing engine but then switched to yate. Please excuse my rather
> broad questions. From my experience with Openser the devil is in the
> detail. So any hints on where this setup may cause problems would be great.
>
> Thanks a lot for your input.
>
> Gerry

Regards,

David Villasmil