[SR-Users] Push proxy and load balancer for asterisk?

Gerrit Jacobsen gjacobsen at x164.com
Wed May 29 11:43:34 CEST 2019

Good morning,

I want to realise a push notification proxy to signal incoming calls from asterisk to softphones. Is Kamailio the preferred solution for this? I looked also at Flexisip and Asterisk scripts and was told by a seasoned professional that Kamailio is the preferable solution as its scalable. True?

I would be glad if someone could share his experiences.

Also can one Kamailio instance be used as an asterisk load balancer and also push notification proxy ?

I have been a heavy openser user a long time ago. I used first openser as my core routing engine but then switched to yate. Please excuse my rather broad questions. From my experience with Openser the devil is in the detail. So any hints on where this setup may cause problems would be great.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Gerry