[SR-Users] CRM / Windows integration

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu May 9 11:14:14 CEST 2019

Or to be more precise: what is doing the calling in this scenario? The UA / endpoint / call centre platform / whatever would be a more natural place to provide this kind of higher-level, application-type functionality. Kamailio is a piece of infrastructure plumbing.

You can intercept such events in Kamailio, but they would not be digested as “call events”, rather as low-level SIP occurrences that Kamailio happens to see in the course of relaying messages among other endpoints. And UAs can initiate calls endogenously in ways Kamailio, as a proxy, cannot—at least, not without some contrivance such as dlg_bridge().

Thus, while both click-to-call and event notifications are possible to extract from Kamailio to support CRM integration goals, it’s very important to weigh that against the likely greater simplicity of implementing it on the endpoint side.

—
Sent from mobile, with due apologies for brevity and errors.