[SR-Users] Kamailio v5.2 kamctl alias add problem

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 11:14:27 CEST 2019

Hello,

On 26.07.19 16:41, Igor Potjevlesch wrote:
> Hi kamailio Users,
>
> I meet a problem with the " kamctl alias add" command in the 5.2
> version, I saw that the module used to add an alias had changed, and
> now the command result with an error :
>
> [kamailio]# kamctl alias add XXXX at XXXX sip:XXXXX at XXXX
> {
>   "jsonrpc":  "2.0",
>   "error":  {
>     "code": 500,
>     "message":  "Not enough parameters or wrong format"
>   },
>   "id": XXXXX
> }
>
> So in the version 5.2, the table aliasdb replace the table alias ?

no, they are different tables. The alias table is something similar to
location table, so you can have like a permanent contact.

> We are using the table alias for the incomming call, and we
> implemented scripts to add with the command kamctl alias add the
> information needed in the tavble alias to route the call.
> But since the version 5.2 we need to add an argument "path" in this
> command, and we don't know how to put it at "NULL" or how we can use
> this argument ?
>
> Can you help us with this?

The kamctl alias add ... is using internally the ul.add rpc command, see
its docs at:

  *
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/usrloc.html#usrloc.r.add

In short, try to use . for a null value of path attribute.