[SR-Users] Kamailio v5.2 kamctl alias add problem

Igor Potjevlesch igor.potjevlesch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 16:41:40 CEST 2019

Hi kamailio Users,

I meet a problem with the " kamctl alias add" command in the 5.2 version, I
saw that the module used to add an alias had changed, and now the command
result with an error :

[kamailio]# kamctl alias add XXXX at XXXX sip:XXXXX at XXXX
{
  "jsonrpc":  "2.0",
  "error":  {
    "code": 500,
    "message":  "Not enough parameters or wrong format"
  },
  "id": XXXXX
}

So in the version 5.2, the table aliasdb replace the table alias ?
We are using the table alias for the incomming call, and we implemented
scripts to add with the command kamctl alias add the information needed in
the tavble alias to route the call.
But since the version 5.2 we need to add an argument "path" in this
command, and we don't know how to put it at "NULL" or how we can use this
argument ?

Can you help us with this?

Bests Regards

Igor