[SR-Users] SIP URI Evaluation and Forwarding

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Fri Jul 12 09:26:36 CEST 2019

Hi Ronald,

some additional information that might be useful for the "high-level" overview:

- http://kamailio.org/docs/ser-getting-started/SER-GettingStarted.pdf

- http://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-admin-book/

Cheers,

Henning

Am 05.07.19 um 19:37 schrieb Ronald Hartmann:

Good Day List,

I am very new to Kamailio and trying to understand at 10,000 feet how it may be able to be used. I was wondering if the following Scenario would be possible and if so what modules would accomplish this aspect.  (Any URLs for further reading would be appreciated)

Scenario:

Given

1) SoftPhones will register as follows

sip uri, user at subdomain.myvoipserver.com<mailto:user at subdomain.myvoipserver.com>

2) The following users are authorized to connect (this would be stored in a config file etc):

1001,1003,1007 are valid users for apples.myvoipserver.com<http://apples.myvoipserver.com/>

1001,2213,5817 are valid users for oranges.myvoipserver.com<http://oranges.myvoipserver.com/>

Is it possible for Kamailio to perform the following evaluation and then take the appropriate steps:

If [domain is apples.myvoipserver.com<http://apples.myvoipserver.com/> AND user portion is 1001]

then

Forward/Proxy the SIP/RTP packets to

Asterisk server responsible for registration and audio for the domain apples.myvoipserver.com<http://apples.myvoipserver.com/>

Else if [domain is oranges.myvoipserver.com<http://oranges.myvoipserver.com/> AND user portion is 2213]

then

Forward/Proxy the SIP/RTP packets to

Asterisk server responsible for registration and audio for the domain oranges.myvoipserver.com<http://oranges.myvoipserver.com/>

Else

Silently Drop packets etc.

given the above evaluation rules, a user who tries to register as

1001 at apples.myvoipserver.com<mailto:1001 at apples.myvoipserver.com>

1004@ apples.myvoipserver.com<http://apples.myvoipserver.com>

Would not match the authorized list for apples.myvoipserver.com<http://apples.myvoipserver.com> (1001,1003,1007), therefore this registration attempt would be silently dropped

2213 at apples.myvoipserver.com<mailto:2213 at apples.myvoipserver.com>

 Thanks for any information to assist me in understanding how this would work.

~ron

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services