[SR-Users] Kamailio/dispatcher routing with SRV record

Jesse Strahn jesse.strahn at waterfield.com
Wed Jan 30 23:39:54 CET 2019

Is it possible to route to the back-end SIP servers via DNS SRV record rather than specifying multiple IP addresses in the dispatcher list on the Kamailio server?

Running in AWS and looking to be able to dynamically update my list of available sip servers if a server goes offline or if a server comes online. Have Cloudwatch/Lambda setup to manipulate the SRV record with the IP address additions or subtractions but when I try to put the SRV record as the destination in dispatcher, it fails.