[SR-Users] Problem at Rx Interface - kamailio P-CSCF 5.1.6

Valentin Christoph Christoph.Valentin at kapsch.net
Wed Jan 16 17:18:15 CET 2019

Hi all,

We are using kamailio 5.1.6, configured as P-CSCF, facing following problem. Please refer to the attached tshark trace, too.

If during call setup (by simulated UAs) at the terminating P-CSCF the simulated PCRF rejects the Diameter AAR message (frame 46/47 at the attached trace), then the kamailio P-CSCF runs into a questionable behaviour.

By calling the Rx_AAR() function in configuration, the processing of the 200 OK (frame 45) is suspended (by the ims_qos module) and then resumed with the receipt of the AAA message (frame 47).

Now the ims_dialog module is called with the dlg_terminate("all", "reason") function, but the 200 OK has not yet been sent. The ims_dialog sends CANCEL downstream and 488 upstream. However, the 200 OK is sent additionally. We would rather have expected the ims_dialog module should send BYE in both directions.

When we respond the CANCEL with 481 Call/Transaction does not exist (which we MUST according to RFC 3261), then we would expect the ims_dialog module at least now to react with BYE in both directions.

Could you help? What's our misunderstanding? How could we proceed to get this issue fixed?

Kind regards
Christoph

____

Christoph VALENTIN
Software Developer | R&D
Core / SIP Core

P +43 50 811 3785 | M +43 664 628 3785

christoph.valentin at kapsch.net<mailto:christoph.valentin at kapsch.net>

Kapsch CarrierCom AG | Lehrbachgasse 11 | 1120 Vienna | Austria
Company Register at: Commercial Court Vienna FN 223804 z | Registered Office Vienna | www.kapsch.net<http://www.kapsch.net/>

[Kapsch Logo]<https://www.kapsch.net/>