[SR-Users] Presence module with external MWI

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Mon Feb 18 22:47:33 CET 2019

Hi Trevor,

Typically, your voicemail server would send a publish to Kamailio, which
would then notify each of the watchers.

A call to handle_publish() should be all that’s required.

https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/presence.html#presence.f.handle_publish

Cheers,

Charles

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 21:07, Trevor Peirce <tpeirce-lists at acrovoice.ca>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Looking for pointers as to what I'm missing here.
>
> I'm using the presence module to allow UAs to subscribe to
> message-summary events.  I can see the entries appearing in the
> active_watchers table and I see subscription renewals increment the cseq
> columns so I'm satisfied this part is working well.
>
> I'm having trouble finding out how to tell Kamailio about a change to
> the message-summary so that it can notify the watchers.
>
> The pua module seems to provide a way but it doesn't seem to work with
> the subscriptions set up by the presence module.  The presence module
> itself does not seem to offer any RPCs capable of doing this.
>
> Appreciate any pointers!
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Trevor Peirce
> AcroVoice Solutions Inc

*Charles Chance*
Managing Director

t. 0330 120 1200    m. 07932 063 891

--
Sipcentric Ltd.
                Company registered in England & Wales no.