[SR-Users] UAC ha1 password

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Wed Aug 28 20:54:56 CEST 2019

Hello Alexandru,

you are right, right now the ha1 value in the database is not used from the uac registration functionality. This could be added similar to the functionality in auth_db, I think. If you need some pointers for an extension of the code, let us know on sr-dev list.

I don't think it will work correctly if you just use the uac registration functionality and then interact with a failure_route on the auth error.

About your security concerns, you are right that of course plain text passwords are not good. The MD5 hash that is used in the ha1 will not provide much protection as of today, as you probably know as well.

Cheers,

Henning