[SR-Users] kamailio doesn't reply on internal interface

Zhan Bazarov chiefkeeft at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:31:41 CEST 2019

Hello, we have interesting issue...
Some time kamailio comes unreachable on private interface for asterisk, but
port checked via telnet and everything is ok...
ps. connection via public ip works good

root at kamailio:/usr/local/etc/kamailio# lsof -i :5068 | grep LISTEN
kamailio 6014 root   13u  IPv4 8341589      0t0  TCP kamailio.local.ip:5068
(LISTEN)
kamailio 6014 root   14u  IPv4 8341590      0t0  TCP
kamailio.public.ip:5068 (LISTEN)
root at kamailio:/usr/local/etc/kamailio#

telnet from asterisk machine:

root at asterisk:/etc/asterisk# telnet kamailio.local.ip 5068

Trying kamailio.local.ip...

Connected to kamailio.local.ip.

Escape character is '^]'.

But peer is unreachable in asterisk... More than, kamailio comes reachable
when I change transport from TCP to UDP, or when I restart kamailio
daemon(but it situation repeats every day)..

Any ideas how I can fix it?
thanks!