[SR-Users] Kamailio/Freeswitch auth user and UserID

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 08:07:25 CEST 2019

I see.
Ok but you somehow need those user/passwords to authenticate.
It’s simple, add those users/pass to the dB table in kamailio.
You configure /etc/kamailio/kamctlrc for your db, then to create the
database you
execute:

kamdbctl create

You end up with the kamailio database, and insert your records in the
“subscriber” table. Then configure usrloc to get the users’ authentication
info from that table.

Hope that helps!

David

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 06:44, Petarr Jones <petarrjones at outlook.com> wrote:

> Thanks David.
>
> The asterisk PBX is being shut down as it is hosted with a different
> provider and I am wanting to bring the PBX in-house. Once migrated the
> asterisk PBX will be gone/deleted.
>
> I don't have access to any of the Asterisk backend, which is why I am
> moving to a different solution. The reason for wanting to stay with the
> same username is testing. If I could just change the dns record for the SIP
> server, then the phones will automatically connect to the new system and if
> there are any issues, I can just switch the dns record back.
> *Subject:* Re: [SR-Users] Kamailio/Freeswitch auth user and UserID
>
> Is the users data asterisk uses in a db? If so, you can use the usrloc
> module to actually get the authentication info from that dB table. Check it
> out.
>
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 06:17, Petarr Jones <petarrjones at outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am new to Kamailio and would like some guidance on linking up with
> Freeswitch.
>
> I have an exiting hosted Asterisk PBX that uses a combination of extension
> and pbx username (eg 1001-126252581276) and I want to move it over to
> Kamailio/Freeswitch without re-configuring the SIP phones.
>
> I have tried Freeswitch "number-alias" but it does not seem like a good
> fit due to things like BLF not working and the added overhead etc.
>
> Is there a way to configure Kamailio to authenticate a user based on the
> above username and then send an extension to Freeswitch as the UserID
> instead, thereby separating the Kamailio authentication from the Freeswitch
> UserID?
>
> As I don't yet have a full understanding of the Kamailio/Freeswitch
> interaction, I don't know whether this will cause other issues?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Petarr

> Regards,
>
> David Villasmil