[SR-Users] app_ruby - invalid ruby environment attributes or parameters

Andrew White andrew at uconnected.com.au
Mon Aug 5 15:19:53 CEST 2019

Hey all,

I’m setting up a dev-7 (bd477f) server to test as per the other thread, however I’m getting the following loading my config:

ERROR: app_ruby [app_ruby_api.c:465]: sr_kemi_ruby_exec_func_ex(): invalid ruby environment attributes or parameters

I’m unsure what this error means - are there expected environment variables or other values that must be set? I didn’t see this issue in dev-4.

I thought it might be not able to find the library, but I ran with debug=4 and saw:

DEBUG: app_ruby [app_ruby_api.c:193]: ruby_sr_init_child(): test execution without error
ERROR: app_ruby [app_ruby_api.c:107]: app_ruby_print_last_exception(): exception: undefined method `>' for false:FalseClass

I changed kamailio.cfg to load my generic routing script, and during the onreply_manage it runs:

scode = KSR::PV.get("$rs”)

This now returns false (which appears to be the second error above, I check if scode is > 599).

Has anything changed in the way ruby is loaded in dev-7? I’m using the same ruby/ruby-devel library versions on the same OS. I did this deploy the same with devel-4 a few weeks ago and this didn’t happen.

Thanks!

Andrew