[SR-Users] DMQ_USRLOC

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Tue Apr 23 13:46:40 CEST 2019

Hello,

The lookup() function acts in exactly the same way as it would usually. The
purpose of dmq_usrloc is to replicate contacts between all nodes -
encapsulating them inside the KDMQ messages you see being exchanged.
Therefore, if a contact registers to node A and you perform a lookup on
node B, the result of the lookup will be essentially the same as if it were
performed on node A.

Of course, if your clients are behind NAT, then you'll probably need any
outgoing messages to be routed via the node on which the client is
registered. Utilising the Path-related parameters of the registrar module
can help here.

The db_mode makes no difference either - dmq_usrloc interacts with the
usrloc module completely independently of the storage method used. I would,
however, argue that the main point of dmq_usrloc is to provide completely
in-memory storage and replication, improving performance and removing the
additional layer of storage/replication, so using db_mode 3 seems somewhat
counterproductive.

Cheers,

Charles

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 14:12, Gholamreza Sabery <gr.sabery at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently, I started to use dmq_usrloc module. I successfully set it up.
> Unfortunately, the documentation does not specify the behavior of
> dmq_usrloc module with other Kamailio modules. For example, I see a bunch
> of KDMQ messages are exchanged between nodes, but how the lookup() function
> behaves with dmq_usrloc, or what is it's effect on a db_mode of 3!
>
> Regards

Sipcentric Ltd.
                Company registered in England & Wales no.
7365592. Registered
                office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation
Birmingham Campus, Holt Street, Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.