[SR-Users] TOPOH module im REGISTER method.

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Thu Sep 13 09:36:25 CEST 2018

Am Donnerstag, 13. September 2018, 06:59:53 CEST schrieb Mojtaba:
> Any update please?
> Thanks with regards.Mojtaba

Hello Mojtaba,

(resending a modified version of my reply from last week)

an use case for the topoh module is the topology hiding of forwarded messages
(in most cases from INVITE transactions) to your downstream customers or
provider.

Therefore this module will skip REGISTER (and also PUBLISH) messages. I think
you can't use this for this requirement. You can of course always just use the
textops module to modify the VIA, but this is not recommended.

If you really like to hide the VIA from REGISTER requests, considering using a
B2BUA like SEMS or the the one from frafros:
https://www.frafos.com/upload/html/26__Topology_Hiding.html

Technical the topoh module could probably support this for REGISTER messages
as well, but it needs to be properly discussed and investigated for the side
effects of such a change.

Best regards,

Henning

--