[SR-Users] kamailio + rtpengine + custom filename

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:46:58 CEST 2018

It is pretty straightforward, There is simple way to use it.
You could use exec module to run shell command in kamailio,
for example:
if (is_method("BYE")) {
               exec_msg("mv /var/lib/rtpengine-recording/$ci*
/your_custom_path/new_filename.wav");
}
When the BYE method for specific CALL_ID is received, The exec command
should be run, It mv the current recorded file to special path with
new filename.
Notice that the default path of recording file in rtpengine has not
sufficient permossion, Then you should change the directory permission
at first. like this:
cmod 755 /var/lib/rtpengine-recording/ -R

With Regards.Mojtaba
On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 3:28 PM Жан Базаров <chiefkeeft at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> You could use metadata to save your favourite filename on it. After
> recording is finished, replace it. The metadata file is created based
> on <CALL_ID> for each call.
> With Regards.
> Mojtaba
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 8:53 PM Жан Базаров <chiefkeeft at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello! Filenames have the format <call_ID>-<random>-<SSRC>.<extension>
> >  How i can change filename in start_recording() ???
>
> Thx you. Can you help me with it task? Show me, please, an example. I want filename  of the following format, for example: 'output-dir/yyyy/mm/dd/fromnumber/callid-tonumber-uniqueid.wav'.

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S