[SR-Users] Logging of messages generated by Kamailio itself

Konstantin Polyakov piligrim_pk at mail.ru
Mon Sep 10 13:58:09 CEST 2018

Hello Henning,

I used your advise and added into my configuration file two routes sl:local-response and tm:local-response.
The log became more detailed.

But when 408 is sent by Kamailio on fr_inv_timer is expired, tm/sl:local-response is not called.
This situation can be processed in failure_route using t_branch_timeout() function.
However, I believe it is duty of local-response callback function as well.

Something wrong or it is expected behavior?

Best regrads,
Konstantin

>Пятница,  7 сентября 2018, 16:04 +03:00 от Henning Westerholt <hw at kamailio.org>:
>
>Am Freitag, 7. September 2018, 14:48:01 CEST schrieb Konstantin Polyakov:
>> In my configuration file I print into the log information about each SIP
>> message transferred by Kamailio. For example, xlog("L_NOTICE", "Request:
>> $rm CSeq:$cs CID:$ci from $si:$sp\n");
>>
>> Request: ACK CSeq:18467 CID:473ae5eb58f9b271 from 192.168.158.139:5060
>>
>> So when we want to find message flow which belongs to some call, we need
>> just grep by Call-Id.
>>
>> The problem is that messages generated by Kamailio are not passed
>> through request_route function of configuration script. So script writer
>> cannot log such messages.
>>
>> My question - is there way to log messages sent by Kamailio itself?
>
>Hello,
>
>have a look to the "failure_route" and "sl/tm:local-reponse" route
>functionality in the example cfg or in the sl/tm module READMEs. There is some
>documentation about this missing in tm, I will just add this.
>
>This routes allows you to process failures (including local ones) and also
>local generated responses.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Henning
>
>--