[SR-Users] Logging of messages generated by Kamailio itself

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Fri Sep 7 15:04:41 CEST 2018

Am Freitag, 7. September 2018, 14:48:01 CEST schrieb Konstantin Polyakov:
> In my configuration file I print into the log information about each SIP
> message transferred by Kamailio. For example, xlog("L_NOTICE", "Request:
> $rm CSeq:$cs CID:$ci from $si:$sp\n");
>
> Request: ACK CSeq:18467 CID:473ae5eb58f9b271 from 192.168.158.139:5060
>
> So when we want to find message flow which belongs to some call, we need
> just grep by Call-Id.
>
> The problem is that messages generated by Kamailio are not passed
> through request_route function of configuration script. So script writer
> cannot log such messages.
>
> My question - is there way to log messages sent by Kamailio itself?

Hello,

have a look to the "failure_route" and "sl/tm:local-reponse" route
functionality in the example cfg or in the sl/tm module READMEs. There is some
documentation about this missing in tm, I will just add this.

This routes allows you to process failures (including local ones) and also
local generated responses.

Best regards,

Henning

--