[SR-Users] Diversion headers access and message too long error

Joan Salvatella juansalvatella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:27:27 CET 2018

Hello,

We are working on a project that's using a Twilio SIP trunk that diverts
calls from the PSTN to our cluster that is hosting two active-active
Kamailio 5.1 instances that redirect traffic to several Asterisk 15.4
instances.

On this setup we are facing 2 issues:

   - *Diversion headers access: *Currently, Kamailio only supports access
   to the last diversion header but since we are receiving traffic from Twilio
   (it sets the last Diversion header) we are unable to see if the caller was
   diverted to our SIP trunk. Is there a workaround for this? Any external
   module that would support this use case?

   - *Message Too Long Error:* Since Twilio uses long URIs to define its
   resources, the SIP messages being handled by Kamailio are sometimes too big
   and generate a "Message Too Long error". I have been able to temporarily
   patch this removing unused headers using remove_hf_re and remove_hf but it
   still fails from time to time. Is there a way to split the UDP packet to
   mitigate this issue? or what other options could be considered?

Thanks and regards,