[SR-Users] kamailio as proxy for sipclients behind NAT without rtpproxy

Karthik Kondapaneni karthik.kondapaneni at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:01:45 CET 2018

I want to use kamailio as a forwarding proxy infront of SIP registrar like
asterisk/freeswitch without any rtpproxy to reduce the load on server and
to be able to handle more requests .  I am using default kamailio config
file  registration is working fine but call is not connecting .  So sip
clients should register on asterisk(or freeswitch)   and  able to receive
inbound calls  too .
I am interested in only REGISTER & INVITE messages to restrict the messages
based on sipclient's source ip .   Please can someone help me with a
working configuration for this setup .

This is the topology ..
(Sipclients with or without NAT ) ---------> (Kamailio without
rtpproxy)-------------->(Asterisk or freeswitch or anyother sipserver  )