[SR-Users] htable 1 Millon registers

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Oct 23 08:10:52 CEST 2018

Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2018, 22:35:17 CEST schrieb Brooks Bridges:
> IMHO, anything more than about 100k keys really should be stored in
> something external to Kamailio (such as redis) to prevent exactly this
> issue.  If you’re running redis on the same server as Kamailio and using
> localhost to access it, then the latency increase for accessing the data
> via redis as opposed to htable is almost nonexistent.

Hi Brooks,

this is of course also a valid option.

Some years ago I was asked to optimized the carrierroute module to properly
take care of a 1 million routing tree for several users. So there are some use
cases to do something like this, but probably (nowadays) not that many
anymore, I agree.

Best regards,

Henning

Kamailio security assessment - https://skalatan.de/de/assessment