[SR-Users] Switching form UDP to TCP causes authentication errors

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Fri May 25 15:47:02 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 11:29:54PM +0000, Wilkins, Steve wrote:
> When I switched from UDP to TCP I started getting Authentication
> Errors, Asterisk responds to an INVITE via Kamailio with a '401
> Unauthorized', but Kamailio does nothing with it.

Did you get 401 responses using UDP? Do you have any logic in place to
respond to the 401? By default kamailio does nothing.

> Processing just stops near WITH_BLOCK401407.  Shouldn't the 401 be
> relayed so a new INVITE can be sent?

What does "stops near" mean? What does WITH_BLOCK401407 do? The name
suggest to block/do nothing with 401 and 407s.

What you need to do is call uac_auth() with the correct credentials to
respond to the challenge:
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/uac.html#uac.f.uac_auth

Or is the problem Asterisk challenges INVITEs using TCP?