[SR-Users] SIP Server Hardware or VM ??

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu May 24 10:52:49 CEST 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 02:57:57PM +0000, Pinter, Gerd. wrote:
> Thank you very much, this underpins my consideration.
> How to tell my Boss :o

Since I wasn't explicit in my reply: we are running rtpengine in vmware.
The test I did bare metal vs. vmware was to confirm there is no problem
with vmware guests if you limit the amount of traffic per instance and
make sure not to overprovision.

Sure rtpengine on bare metal will be better since there is no resource
contention, but in my case that would mean multiple dedicated machines in
multiple datacentra essentially wasting 90% of resources ideling.