[SR-Users] Kamailio + RTPEngine + RTPEngine Recording daemon forward-to option

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Wed May 9 01:27:50 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-08 08:38, Balázs Radák wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would need some help setting up Kamailio  with RTP engine.
> I'm trying to make use of  RTPEngine recording daemon's forward-to
> option, to have the calls streams sent to 3rd party application.
>
> Have someone managed to have this forward-to option work?
> If I understood well, when RTPEngine's forward-to option is turned on,
> the call metainfo + streams can be sent to a socket server?
That part of the code wasn't authored by me/us, so I've only got some
superficial information. The destination is a local Unix SEQPACKET
socket if supported, otherwise it's a Unix datagram socket. The first
packet sent is the `metadata=` string used to set up the recording (it
depends on this being present) and subsequently each sent packet is a
raw RTP packet.

Cheers