[SR-Users] Carrier IP on softphone call history !!!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri May 4 19:19:58 CEST 2018

On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 05:16:39PM +0000, KamDev Essa wrote:

>  Whats the config or architecture look like for shunting calls through
>  a signalling-only B2BUA. Can you please elaborate.

For starters, you need to pick a signalling-only B2BUA. This can be
Asterisk or Freeswitch configured for media bypass, or SEMS or something
else.

The architecture would be something like:

   Carrier --> B2BUA --> Kamailio --> End-user.

At least, it seems to me that's easiest.

For outbound calls:

   $ru = 'sip:destination at host';
   $du = 'sip:b2bua.addr';

   if(!t_relay())
      t_relay();

That's one approach. Depends on the B2BUA. It may be easiest to pass the
onward RURI to it in a custom SIP header:

   append_hf("X-RURI: sip:destination at host\r\n");
   $ru = 'sip:b2bua.addr';

   if(!t_relay())
      sl_reply_error();

Of course, the way the B2BUA works will dictate what you do with inbound
on it as well. The intent would be to pass it onto Kamailio on the B
leg.

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)