[SR-Users] Carrier IP on softphone call history !!!

KamDev Essa kamdevessa at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 19:16:39 CEST 2018

 Whats the config or architecture look like for shunting calls through a signalling-only B2BUA. Can you please elaborate.
Thanks
KD
    On Friday, May 4, 2018, 12:35:21 PM EDT, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

 Hello,

What you are seeing is inherent in the nature of a SIP proxy, such as
Kamailio.

Kamailio does offer two "topology hiding" modules which can be used to
alter topology-revealing headers:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/topoh.html
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/topos.html

It goes without saying that these are "clever hacks" — taking advantage
of the proxy's involvement in the entire life cycle of the dialog (with
Record-Route), and that from a standards-based point of view, the things
these modules do are radioactively improper for a proxy to do.

The way these modules work is complicated, and there is no shortage of
edge cases and complications with unexpected behaviour. My personal
advice, which may differ to that of some of my list colleagues, would be
to shunt your calls through a signalling-only B2BUA to solve this
problem.

-- Alex

On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 02:51:36PM +0000, KamDev Essa wrote:
> I have a simple call flow for Inbound call going to an extendion
> carrier call ===> WITH_ALIASDB ===> extension (on Xlite)
> Works perfectly getting the call.
> Issue :
>    - On Xlite I see the call as <TN>@<carrierIP>. I dont want my customers to know what carrier I use and also I want to be in the loop for CDR.
>    - Hanging on either phone will not send a BYE to my server.
> How do I get Kamailio to be in the SIP ladder for this call?
> KD

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)