[SR-Users] Relay Latency

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:52:10 CEST 2018

Hello,

enable latency logging and then you should discover if some action
inside kamailio takes longer or if it is something with underneath
layers. See related parameters in the core:

  - https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/devel/core#latency_cfg_log

On 03.05.18 20:04, Daniel Greenwald wrote:
> Interesting points. In this case though. here is why I don't think its
> an AWS network limit:
> 1)This instance was in staging and had almost no traffic at that time.
> Why would a PPS limit have been hit?
>
> 2) The capture is taken directly on the kamailio box. If a network
> limit were reached the packet would be delayed across "the wire" which
> would only be visible in a capture on the far side. Here we see the
> delay locally on the box.
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Alex Balashov
> <abalashov at evaristesys.com <mailto:abalashov at evaristesys.com>> wrote:
>
>     PS. A good rule of thumb is that AWS has undisclosed and
>     semi-disclosed (and rather low) network iop and PPS limits
>     EVERYWHERE, including on instances whose specs are otherwise
>     sufficient for the job. If in doubt, try a bigger instance.
>
>     -- Alex
>
>     --
>     Sent via mobile, please forgive typos and brevity.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com