[SR-Users] Terminate dialog from another dialog

Joel Serrano joel at gogii.net
Mon Mar 26 01:57:31 CEST 2018

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set kamailio to not allow simultaneous calls from the same
user, but if a second call comes in, the behavior desired is to process
that second call and terminate the previous (already active) one.

Say you have call A that creates dialog A.

Then you have call B come in, creates dialog B.

Can I save some info from dialog (call) A in a htable for example, then
check that htable for the needed info from dialog (call) B and terminate
dialog (call) A if it exists?

I think using dlg_get() and dlg_bye() would do the trick but not 100% sure
how they work..

The example in the docs seems exactly the case:

dlg_get --> "Search and set current dialog based on Call-ID, From-Tag and
To-Tag parameters"

if(dlg_get("abcdef", "123", "456"))
{
dlg_bye("all");
}

After the dlg_get() and dlg_bye() what happens to call B? Does the route
continue running or does it end? Will it automatically switch back to the
current dialog or do you have to manually switch back running dlg_get()
again? (Sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly, let me know if it
sounds confusing)

Does anyone have experience with these two functions?

Thanks,
Joel.