[SR-Users] Kamailio behind NAT no Audio

Benjamin Marty benjamin.marty at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:16:42 CET 2018

Hi,

I am new to Kamailio and coming a bit from the Asterisk side.

Currently I'm using the Amazon EC2 Infrastructure and set up an Kamailio
with standard configuration. EC2 uses Destination NAT on their side. Thus I
enabled WITH_NAT and WITH_NATSIPPING. I'm using the rtpproxy from master
branch of https://github.com/miconda/rtpproxy.

Besides those two parameters I also changed the listen parameter in the
Kamailio config:
listen=udp:10.0.0.221:5060 advertise 52.59.XXX.XXX:5060

My rtpproxy is running with following parameters:
./rtpproxy -A 52.59.XXX.XXX -F -l 10.0.0.221 -m 20000 -M 30000 -s
udp:*:7722 -d INFO

When I use two Softclients (Zoiper) on different Networks (with Source NAT
on the Firewall) the Softclient tries to transmit the RTP Packets to the
Public IP of the other Network. But the Client obviously thus doesn't get
the RTP Packets. Is there an easy and documented way to solve that issue?

If I understood it correctly Kamailio together with rtpproxy should be able
to receive the RTP Packets and forward them to the other client. So it
should signal the IP of the Kamailio to send the RTP packets to. Or am I on
the complete wrong way?

Regards,

Benjamin