[SR-Users] tcpconn_main_timeout

Sergiu Pojoga pojogas at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 04:13:12 CET 2018

The subject is of interest to me as well.

Topology is Kamailio acting as an edge proxy to a farm of Asterisk boxes,
proxy handles far-end NAT traversal, transport conversion from UDP/TCP/TLS
on the WAN to UDP only on the LAN towards Asterisk. Keep-alive for
endpoints on the Internet is achieved using Asterisk's quality OPTIONS
messages.

The TCP error shows up rarely in the logs, at which time Asterisk's quality
OPTIONS messages stop being delivered to the far endpoint, shortly after
the peer goes OFFLINE. What's weird, say there's 60 IP desk phones under
the same far NAT, only occasionally (1-3 times a day) some will experience
the problem.

What can be done to mitigate this problem? Tuning OS/Kamailio TCP settings,
lower UAC register times?

Current TCP settings:
tcp_connection_lifetime=3605
tcp_send_timeout=3