[SR-Users] Choosing a Testing and Validation Tool

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:42:34 CET 2018

Hello,

in the open source space, likely sipp is the tool that provides the most
flexibility in creating your own sip scenarios for testing.

There are couple of tools built around sipp that can make the life
easier, like sippy_cup for generating scenarions:

  - http://mojolingo.github.io/sippy_cup/

Or pysipp to run sipp from python and have more flexibility in
interpreting the results.

If you search on google or github, likey to find other related tools.

On 06.03.18 17:35, Duarte Rocha wrote:

> Hey
>

> I need to create several testing and validation processes for the
> deploy of an SBC and i would like to know your opinion on the best
> tools to use.
>
> I need to create an automated group of testing scenarios and
> validation of the packets sanity and SIP compliance. I also would like
> to validate the packets according to some parameters of mine (ex. All
> numbers in E164, etc).
>
> I'm looking at Star Trinity's SIP Tester right now but i'm not sure it
> can fulfill all my needs. I've also looked into SIPp and considered
> creating a Kamailio to do the validation, but i'm not sure it's worth
> the work if i can find a tool prepared to do this.
>
> Cheers :)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - March 5-7, 2018, Berlin - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com