[SR-Users] Memory leak in tm with push notifications

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Wed Jun 13 22:02:52 CEST 2018

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018, 09:51:45 CEST schrieb Jurijs Ivolga:
> I think I have this issue and I'm using 4.4 and I can't use master for now.
> I tried to cherry pick this 2 commits, but unfortunately it do not work.
>
> For example commit 5fe2a1a1c67b550431dcae3c98701073f7edd953 make changes in
> function t_continue_helper, but 4.4 do not has such function, it has with
> slightly different name - t_continue.
>
> Same commit add line 258 in src/modules/tm/t_suspend.c, but in 4.4 this
> part of code is slightly different. There is no " t->flags &=
> ~T_ASYNC_CONTINUE; " line in same if statement.
>
> There is no way to remove line 390 from same file, cause in 4.4 that part
> of code differs quite a lot.
>
> With second patch 72f5eaeeef0239ebd16a2d645b83e83eb1a2b506 there was much
> less problems, but still, there is big difference in part of code near line
> 592 of this commit, but probably in 4.4 i just need to update line 527 and
> change "UNREF_FREE(new_cell); " to " UNREF_FREE(new_cell, 0);"
>

> Is it a worth to try to cherry pick this 2 commits or there are too much
> changes between 4.4 and Master and no way to make this work properly?

Hello Juris,

I don't know much details about your setup. But if you don't use a lot of
custom code that needs to be touched before you can go to 5.1 then an update
should be not difficult. There are also some other important fixes, some of
them security relevant, that you miss as well if you stay on 4.4.

Best regards,

Henning

--
If you like the work that I do in Kamailio, please consider supporting me on
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/henningw