[SR-Users] DMQ mem leak issues

Rogelio Perez rogelio at telnyx.com
Tue Jul 31 06:58:12 CEST 2018

Hello,

We're running three instances of Kamailo v5.14 as registrars handling
registrations from ~2000 SIP clients, with one instance being primary and
the other two as backups.

The three of them are using the dmq and dmq_usrloc modules to synchronize
user locations, however after a couple of days of operation the two
failover instances show memory leak behaviors, with mem usage assigned to
the core taking all available resources.

When this happens we've noticed that:
 - The shared memory used by the function "sip_msg_shm_clone" spikes (from
1kb to 1.5GB).
  - The shared memory used by the function "dmq:worker.c:job_queue_push"
also increases, but not as much (from 1kb to 1MB)
 - DMQ request are not being answered (with a 200 OK) by the affected
instance during this memory leak, which make us think that DMQ module
becomes unresponsive.

A few more notes:
 - The failover instances are doing nothing except receiving replicated
contacts.
 - The shared memory grows at the same rate on both instances, but the
critical behavior never happens at the same time.
 - We are allocating 1GB memory on startup to each instance.
 - We store the location DB in a psql DB and we load it at startup.
 - We didn't find any errors in syslog, even at debug level.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue who can suggest a possible solution?

Thanks,
Rogelio Perez
Telnyx