[SR-Users] Kamailio Anycast

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Jul 3 18:29:57 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 09:11:55AM -0400, Mike Little wrote:
> Sorry if this has already been answered but can Kamailio be configured to
> support clustering

Yes.

> and use Anycast?

Anycast is handled at a different layer, don't see why it couldn't be
used (not that I know anything about anycast).

> We are looking to use Kamailio as a front end to Asterisk as the
> registar and presence server.

A common request.

> If this is supported, are there any documents that explain how to
> configure this type of setup?

Googeling for "kamailio asterisk registrar presence integration"
results among other:
http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb
But there are many ways to implement this.

Same for clustering. You could use DMQ:
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/dmq.html
or a clustered SQL backend.

If this is your first introduction to kamailio, better split your
questions in small (independent) projects.