[SR-Users] Normal behaviour with loose_routing

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Jan 30 16:00:54 CET 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:14:18AM +0100, Loic Chabert wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
>
> Your snippet code must be used in proxy/registrar or on LB ?

It's for the loadbalancer. The registrar also is a near default supplied
config, only added support for Path to be used for REGISTERs and
dispatcher.

> The proxy/registrar should follow the same behaviour with the SBC and the
> lb ? Loose_route every request from sbc and dispatch request from lb to sbc
> ?

As far as I understand it is simply based on loose routing for all
messages after dispatching INVITEs with ds_*.

BTW my SBCs don't initiate calls to the registrar/proxies but to the
loadbalancers (SIP domain via DNS/SRV/NAPTR)

UACa -> LB -> REGISTRAR/Proxy -> LB -> UACb
UACa -> LB -> REGISTRAR/Proxy -> SBC -> UACb

UACa -> SBC -> LB -> REGISTRAR/Proxy -> LB -> UACb
UACa -> SBC -> LB -> REGISTRAR/Proxy -> SBC -> UACb