[SR-Users] Kamailio with asterisk on private lan

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 19:05:24 CET 2018

Thanks Tomi,

Hope that helps OP as well. Regarding your question: "*when one should use
rtpengine over rtpproxy ?*" I believe its a matter of choice when it comes
to simpler RTP relaying, but once I started working with WebRTC clients
trying to reach Asterisks or FreeSWITCH behind the Kamailio node RTPEngine
played well since it has the capability. I'd recommend comparing the
functions of both on their respective github pages. Mediaproxy on the other
hand doesn't support this Inter-AF bridging at all.

In one particular deployment just like the one discussed over here I tried
RTPengine and it worked but client reported distortion and breaks in voice.
I tried few things but then reverted to rtpproxy and everything went
normal. I switched between the two few times to observe the same
issue.  I'm sure I didn't tweak RTPengine, iptables, and OS properly for
RTPengine in that case but, just for sake of comparison, replacing with
rtpproxy brought things to expected behavior. Similarly a different
deployment using RTPengine with WebRTC clients connecting with Asterisks
worked 100% perfectly w/o a hiccup.

Regards,
Sammy