[SR-Users] Question on contribution of documentation improvements

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:21:19 CET 2018

Hello,

thanks for this work!

At the end, it doesn't matter that much with the patches for typos in
the documentation, up to you how do you want to make the pull request
for this case.

I am a proponent of splitting commits per component (like core, modules,
libs, ...) because it is easier to review the patches. I typically check
quickly any patch to core and major modules, for one large patch that is
hard to do in short time and complex to follow up later.

Moreover, for split commits, when it is the case, the backports are
straightforward with git cherry-pick. One large commit is likely to fail
to cherry-pick in stable branch, due to new features in some modules,
etc.., while with split commits, many of them just work.

I also do a lot of 'git log -p src/modules/name' when someone reports a
regression, which is easier to follow if that module had commits only
related to its content.

I don't think this PR is a must to backport, and again, your decision at
the end, but if I would look from the perspective of tracking changes
per component later with 'git log -p ...', then I would do split commits
per component, even it is a large number of affected components.